E Carson & Sons specialises in civil infrastructure pipe laying and general contracting and in particular, deep, difficult and wet ground conditions.
We lay pipes ranging in size from 100mm to 2.5 metres in diameter; all types of pipes from PE to concrete, PVC etc. We can provide no dig solutions with trenchless technology, including pipe bursting, pipe ramming, pipe jacking and Amex-10 seals. Amex-10 seals are a product which enables damaged joints to be repaired without replacing the entire pipe and with no excavation.
Our experience includes:
- Laying all types of stormwater drains up to 2.5 metres in diameter, and boxed culverts to 4 metres. These involved bypassing large amounts of water by means of our extensive range of pumps.
- Working in deep trenches in running sand and have an extensive range of well pointing equipment, trench shoring frames and sheet piling.
- Involved in medium-sized earthwork jobs.
- Extensive experience with laying new and replacing existing sewer mains and pumping mains.
- Successfully laid numerous water mains ranging from 25mm to 1200 mm in diameter.
- Working in the rail corridor, having achieved a large contract for the Hutt City Council working on the Ava rail bridge and also laying 2km of stormwater drains at McKays crossing.
Our company has a long history of successful contracting within the Wellington and Canterbury areas. We have a very good reputation with local authorities and water management companies, and also have a very good health and safety record.
We achieve all our contracts well within the time frame allowed. We are specialist drainlayers where all ground conditions are successfully managed even deep, wet, running sand.